Here I am, up at 1:00 in the morning again. Darn Spider Solitaire.
Anyway, there's been a request for the Cheesy Onion Cornbread so I thought I'd dash it off before I went upstairs.
Cheesy Onion Cornbread:
(This was given to me by a relative who is one of those kinds of cooks who never measures so there is a little guesswork involved--I hate those kinds of people a little bit)
-1 1/2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
-1/3 cup milk
-1 can creamed corn
-16 oz sour cream
-1 stick butter
-1 onion, sliced thin
1. Set oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 9 pan.
2. Melt butter, add onion and saute until clear.
3. Add half of the sour cream.
4. Add half of the cheese.
5. Gradually add remaining sour cream and set aside.
6. In separate bowl mix cornbread mix with eggs and milk; add creamed corn.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
8. Top with cheese and onion mixture.
9. Top with remaining cheese.
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
*I have had this recipe turn out different ways but the only way it's ever been ruined has been by overcooking it. Once, I served this so runny it had to be eaten with a spoon, more like Cheesy Onion Corn Slop, but everyone loved it and raved about it anyway. It's good hot, it's good cold, it's good three days old.