Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Where's the Aleve?


Just a short one, I'm nursing quite a headache (more on that in a mo')...

So, this week we got a new tv...well, new to us, that is. A friend was getting rid of one and since ours was quite old (think encased in a faux wood box) he took pity on us and gave it to us! The menfolk are quite excited, as menfolk are wont to be about electronics and such, and wasted no time in setting it up and abandoning the old relic out by the curb.

Somehow, with the new tv, we now have all sorts of channels we never had before. We've gone from having the big three, plus a few of the local channels and pbs, to having TLC, the History Channel, AMC, HGTV, food network, the weather channel, MTV and even HBO. Now, I am not happy about the last two: MTV and HBO are two channels I do NOT want on my tv. There is no reason, in my opinion, for anyone to watch anything broadcast on those channels! I'm still trying to figure out how to block them completely to protect my dear children's little eyes, ears and minds.

Today, I got absolutely nothing done. I was mesmerized by the sheer volume of things available for my viewing pleasure. I don't usually watch tv at all during the day; it's nothing but soaps and court shows if you only have antenna service channels. But today, I confess, I got lost in the novelty of it all.

I sat and watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Sense and Sensibility. In its entirety. Without interruption. And, being quite alone, I felt free to blubber like a baby at several points during the movie. Which I did with wild abandon. I can't remember the last time I did that! Of course, my beds went unmade and my toilets unscoured so I will be paying for it later, but boy, was it indulgent!

In other news, I have a pounding headache that is so bad it's affecting my vision!

I wonder if these things could be related?

I guess I'm just lucky all 6 hours of Pride and Prejudice wasn't showing!

No comments: