Pages

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Short But Sweet

I only have a few moments before I have to get ready for another of Redheaded Snippet's scrimmages. This is our first Saturday morning scrimmage. We're going to pack coffee and sticky buns and wear our USA Field Hockey visor and feel like real hockey parents. Well, I will. Maybe. If I can stop asking everyone around me what's going on and actually learn the game at some point before she graduates.

You would be well justified in thinking it is not a good idea to be blogging right now. Not when there are, admittedly, "only a few moments before I have to get ready" and Man-Cub has requested I make him sausage (why can't The Viking make him sausage, he's sitting right there?) and I'd like to get a load of clothes on the line and make my bed before we leave and we all know how I tend to run on so when I get to typing. But I only popped in to share a few things. It won't take more than a few minutes. Or 48.

I do not have photos so you will just have to take my (excellent, if I say so myself) word for it. But I made the best pizza last night. Seriously. It was. The kids said so. I think I'm really getting the hang of this thing. I made my own sauce last night (it's super easy and not fancy so don't be impressed) and then added about three times as much cheese as I usually sprinkle on it. I think that made all the difference. I ate it with the belief that I had no reason to ever call a pizza delivery man ever again. Except for sheer laziness. Yes, that's still there. I don't think I'll be escaping that one yet.

To make up for the lack of pizza photos, here is one of a small bunch of Campanula, also known as Bellflowers or Canterbury Bells (my favorite) that I bought to grace my dining room table. There was something about the delicate, purple-lined cups and subtle scent that reached out and pulled me down by my lapels. So I bought them and stuck them where I can see them every day.


I really am a horrible photographer. But they make me smile.

No comments: