Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November 4, 2008

Well, it's November 4, 2008. It's the first Tuesday in November.

You know what that means...

...only THREE WEEKS to get ready for Thanksgiving! Yeah, I know there are actually three weeks and two days, to be precise, but here at our Wits' End we start the turkey two days before we eat it so that's what I'm counting down to this year. And it just worked so well for my fake-out.

I had you going for a sec, didn't I? You thought I was going to tell you to get out and, if you do nothing else today--brush your teeth, change your underwear, flush your toilet--fulfill your civic duty and play your role in our nation's history by making the choice afforded to you by the deaths of countless brave Americans, didn't you? Yeah, I know the whole thing has been a circus, with Saturday Night Live, of all things, probably playing the largest role in helping our fellow Americans make up their minds. And that is whack, yo. But still, you thought I was going to say, "Get out and vote, or just get out," or something similar, right?

Well, I'm not. Do what you like. You're even free to do nothing (as long as you don't complain about the results you did nothing to influence).

As for me? I'm off to the school gym to pick up a sack of hoagies and practice my most precious American right.

No comments: