Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Good Eats


MENU PLAN MONDAY! Come on, share in the excitement with me!

This one must be short and sweet cause I have chores. So, what's new, right? But, no, today I'm actually doing them. Yeah I've turned over a new leaf, whatever.

FRIDAY: Cobb Salad made with leftover baked chicken. Some carrots, black olives, tomatoes, hard boiled egg, blue cheese...MMMMMMMM! And soooooo healthy, not to mention low-carb. Yay, Me!

SATURDAY: Tacos. This is Man-Cub's favorite even though he only eats meat wrapped in a tortilla. He could eat meat-wraps every night. I took Redheaded Snippet dress shopping so I had to switch this one with a more complicated one so The Viking could, let me rephrase that, WOULD make it for Man-Cub and himself while I was gone. Redheaded Snippet and I had Chick-Fil-A. But don't tell anyone.

SUNDAY: Marinated Pork Loin and Butternut Squash with Brown Butter. I forgot to pick up a green veg. Have I told you about the marinated pork loin? Oh, it's deadly. Deadly good (thanks, Dharma)! I get it at my very favorite Amish/Mennonite market and it's already marinated so all I have to do it slip it out of the bag, plop it in a foil-lined pan, impale it on a meat thermometer and roast it until it's 135 degrees! Perfectly Pippa-proof and perfectly delicious. Every time. Even the kids get excited about this one. And the butternut squash with brown butter? Our new favorite side dish. I can't remember where I got the recipe, online somewhere, probably Martha Stewart of Everyday Food.

MONDAY: Spaghetti. Or "macs" as EGOD would say. Why, WHY does a bonafide Italian woman call what is probably the dish that defines her culture something stupid like "Macs"? Not even "pasta" or "sa-ba-GED-dee"! And she doesn't call tomato sauce, "gravy," either, like most "real" Italians. Something is wrong even with her "Italian-ness". I'm so in the mood for spaghetti, I'm glad it's tonight.

TUESDAY: Roast Beef, Potatoes, Carrots, Green Veg. I'll decide on the veg when I get to the store and see what calls out to me. We haven't had roast beef in a long time and it was on sale this week so I went for it.

WEDNESDAY: Greek-style Chicken and Cucumber Salad. This was on the menu last week but, somehow, it never materialized. And I don't have anything else interesting to say about that.

THURSDAY: Burgers and Salad. See above. What, did we skip two meals last week? How did that happen? What did we eat instead? That's gonna bug me...

So there you have it. And now I'm hungry.

No comments: