Pages

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Strawberry Soup

A-HA! The camera has been found! It was, indeed, with my wicked little daughter! She shall pay!

But now, how about some strawberry soup?


StraWHAT, you say?


That's right, strawberry soup. It's a cold, sweet soup. I know, we Americans aren't used to that, but trust me, it's to die for!


I make it any time I have to bring something to a picnic/barbecue/cook-out. This particular event was the family reunion we attended a few weeks ago (hopefully photos of that to follow). It's always a conversation starter. At first everyone (who hasn't had it before) is skeptical and perplexed. But there is never any leftover by the time the event is over and I am always asked for the recipe. And everyone thinks I'm lying because it sounds so simple.


Strawberries, sour cream and sugar. That's it. Just combine in whatever amounts you like and blend it up!


I was excited about using my new immersion blender to make it this time! Usually I have to blend it in batches in the blender which is rather time consuming and cumbersome.


This time, it took only minutes and I threw the whole thing together about 15 minutes before we had to leave for the reunion!  And I might add that this handy new gadget of mine is super for making breakfast smoothies in a flash!


The recipe is officially called European Style Strawberry Soup but I'm not sure what is so European about it.  I tell people it's that it only has three ingredients in it.  And they just blink at me.  But that happens to me a lot so that may not be the soup's fault.


I have a thing for soup tureens so any recipe that allows me to bring mine down and dust it off is a favorite!

So, if you like strawberries, do yourself a favor and give this a try!  You can't mess it up and I promise it will be delicious!

No comments: