Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pork Roast and Other Nonsense

I know I bragged quite a bit about all we accomplished yesterday, but I neglected to share the very best parts. Nothing is done in the usual way in our home and taking down the Christmas tree is no exception.


Redheaded Snippet just had to wear the tree skirt as a human skirt then proceeded to model the many ways one can wear such a garment.


Diggin' the Dancin' Queen


Um, yeah, I really don't know. Have I mentioned how very much like her father she is?


Forsooth! To be or not to be...that is the question!


Of course, Man-Cub had to get in on the action. Those are Redheaded Snippet's ridiculous looking yet ridiculously comfortable slippers. Imagine strapping down pillows to your feet. That's what they feel like.




I'm not sure what it is, but there is something that strikes me as particularly hilarious about this shot and the next one. Something about the bag over the head, the bland pose...


And then this pose just kills me. I don't know if you can tell, but he cut (very askew) eye holes in the bag before putting it on. That's my boy.

I leave you tonight with the tale of a scrumptious dinner. I bought a pork roast at the market yesterday and decided to roast it up a la Leila (one of my favorite blogs, go check it out you won't be sorry).



Now, though we discovered that the pork roast that the market sells is quite different from the pork loin in the amount of fat vs lean meat, it's still one very flavorful roast and one we are not going to complain about.


I prepared this roast pretty much the same way I always do except I made sure to keep just enough liquid in the pan to get some nice, lovely, brown drippings and flavor bits to make a most devastating gravy. I had grabbed a pair of sweet potatoes and a bunch of asparagus on sale yesterday so I just roasted everything up and had a roast pork with veg that won a very enthusiastic thumbs up from The Viking!


Of course, when asked for her opinion, Redheaded Snippet was otherwise engaged.


It was pretty darn good and the leftovers are going to make some lovely pork fried rice. But I need to look around and find out what I can do with the leftover gravy; it's just to good to let it go to waste! Be sure to let me know if you have any ideas.

Right, so it's off to bed for me soon. The kids have off tomorrow and I got most of my chores done yesterday so I get to spend a little time doing absolutely anything I want. I think I'll be curling up in the recliner in front of the fire...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad to see your camera is functional again. That's a nice shot of the pork roast/dinner. We've been experimenting with new dishes a lot lately. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do, and we have to eat, don't we?
~Laura

{My word verification was horkies. As in Horkies Schmorkies, a frequent exclamation here Amongst The Oaks}