Pages

Friday, October 09, 2009

Scurry, Scurry!

I must fly! I've a million things to do! So why am I sitting here at the computer?

Because I'm probably some kind of idiot. But I think we've established that long ago.

Anyway, today is my father's birthday. And for his birthday, I usually invite him over for dinner. This year is no exception (though last year was because it was his Big Fat 60th and we all chipped in and sent him out to visit with Dharma and her sweet babe in Chicago). I cook, he eats, he makes yummy noises and piles on the praise and I beam and we all have a good old time.

I really, really want to take photos of all the yummy things I'm preparing, but the camera (SIGH), though I've found the photo card, is now dead of battery. This probably could be remedied quite easily except that I don't have the attention-span nor the patience necessary to deal with this today. This is a job for The Viking. Only he ain't here. So, you will have to use your imagination.

Here's tonight's menu:

Butternut Squash Soup
Orchard Salad
Marinated Pork Loin
Potatoes Gratin
Roast Asparagus
Devil's Food Cake with Quick and Rich Vanilla Frosting (yes, that's its official name)

Wine, Cider, Coffee & Tea

I think it sounds great, if I say so myself! Now I just have to cook it all!

Like I said, I must fly!

2 comments:

Leila said...

Well, that sounds like a fabulous menu. What is Orchard Salad, I wonder? Alas I will never know, because I have been blinded by the tiny white print on black -- but not plain black -- of your fancy, yet strangely unreadable, blog.

Sigh.

I did want to know...

Even if you made the type a tiny bit bigger so old people could read what you had to say...

sigh.

Pippajo said...

Hmmm, I had no idea my blog was so hard to read! I went in and made all the fonts a bit bigger in case everyone else is having trouble; I hope it helps!

Sorry you're having so much trouble!

And Orchard Salad is a recipe from Rachel Ray: red leaf and green leaf lettuces with sliced apple and pear splashed with an apple cider, cider vinegar and olive oil vinaigrette. I throw in some Gorgonzola or blue cheese as well, but that's not part of the original recipe.