Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Week Menu

So, I've just finished this week's menu and grocery list and here's how it's looking.

(S) Piano Lessons *published in retrograde as this was yesterday*
Omelets and/or Sandwiches
Omelets are my newest go-to (read: I'm too lazy to do anything else) meal. We were out of everything but eggs and a little ham and cheese yesterday and I was tired.

(M)
Beef Stroganoff
Orchard Salad
I have half of a dried-up, slightly overcooked roast of beef to use up. So I'm going to braise it from the dead and stroganoff it (minus the mushrooms). And Orchard Salad is my latest can't-get-enough-of-it dish.

(T) Away Game 4-7PM
Chicken Tikka Masala
Basmati Rice
Peas
I'm craving Indian food this week (you'll see further damning evidence in the scrolldown) but this may be a very bad idea: planning a fully-cooked meal on a game night. So, this may be switched with something else...

(W) Church
Chicken Tikka Masala Sandwiches on Pitas
Mata Pulau with Nuts
The plan is to cook two batches of chicken on Tuesday night so all I have to do is slop some CTM in a few pitas, boil up some spicy rice with nuts and pack it all up before church. The reality may be something else entirely.

(Th) Homecoming Dance (Redheaded Snippet)
Veg Curry
I figure, let's make her as smelly-breathed as possible, right? And this is a great meal for a tight week, money-wise.

(F) Home Game 3:45-5:15PM, Out-of-Town Friend coming to visit, Haunted Hayride
Pizza!
I may even give folks the choose-your-topping option. But that depends on how tired and cranky I am.

(S) Halloween complete with Trick-or-Treating and a rip-roaring Halloween party
Beef Stew
Crusty Bread
Popcorn Balls
Snack Treats
Dessert
Apple Cider
It's become a tradition for me to make beef stew on Halloween. I put it in the crockpot and when we get home from TOT-ing, all tired and hungry, there it is, waiting for us all hot and fragrant. We like to sit around a fire in the backyard and eat bowls of it while the children begin candy negotiations. This year we're having friends over for a party so we'll actually be throwing a bowlful of stew down our throats before running around doing all kinds of fun, silly things. But more on that later.

Well, gotta run. Have a newly minted grocery list of things to buy. And Daria and I are supposed to get a large chunk of Halloween party preparations finished...

1 comment:

Amongst The Oaks said...

I admire your organizational skills; to actually come up with a week's menu and write it down is amazing! I simply toss the same old stuff in the basket every weekend, and with slight variations we have the same basic fourteen menus over and over. But sometimes I do get inspired and make something new. Hmmm, maybe I should write the menus down. It might help me to make some changes...or be totally disgusted with my lack of creativity.