Pages

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Guilty!


Well, I've really done it this time! It seems I have killed our computer. I was a fool and ignored my much wiser and more experienced husband's warnings and downloaded something I wasn't sure about. Sure enough, we got a virus! The computer won't cooperate at all and my poor Viking has spent the past three evenings scanning and sorting and scanning again to clean up after my giant mess. And has he spoken one word of reproach about it? Not a one. And I so richly deserve it! It would be so easy and so understandable if he even sighed a quiet but tender, "I told you so," but he hasn't. He is instead displaying a patience that seems everlasting when it comes to me and my foolish ways. I love that man.

So, I can only steal a few moments on The Viking's laptop which he has kindly brought home from work. And as I am not sure how long the battery will last on this thing (the power cord is temperamental at best), I may have just that, a few moments.

Suffice it to say, I will not be posting much over the next few days. Goodness, it might even be the next few weeks depending on the extent of the damage I hath wrought! I hope it's not a few weeks! But it will just serve me right if it is...even a few weeks blog withdrawal is not sufficient penance for my folly.

Just wanted to explain my silence. I have not gone away, I am not brooding in somber despair. I'm just a cotton-headed ninny muggins.

Hope to get caught up soon!

1 comment:

Leila said...

You mean a dumb-bumb bumbelee boo?

Poor you!

I hope things get straightened out!

But I'm glad you're not brooding, and that your husband is nice.