Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Baa-aack! Again. I think.


I'm kind of afraid to jinx things, but I think I'm back. The Viking came in from the kitchen (where the computer is), looking like he'd spent the last 28 hours out in the barn helping Essie safely deliver a foal. "Everything's safe," he gasped, before removing his suspenders from his shoulders and sinking into his favorite chair, mopping his face with his big, red, spotted handkerchief.

Okay, I'm getting a little carried away. But he did plod into the living room and declare the computer to be finally safe and then plop into the recliner. Well, he thinks it's safe, anyway. He has done all he can, it's just up to Providence now. I have had a few restrictions gently but firmly placed on me, but as long as I follow them, things should be okay. Now we just have to worry about Redheaded Snippet toeing the line...

I hope to be back in top blog form soon. But not yet. You see, I've gotten sick just in time for my Triumphant Return. The Viking battled the war raging inside his sinuses and throat all weekend, and then, kindly, in the spirit of sharing everything with the bride of his youth, passed it on to me. I guess I should have been a little smarter and stayed away from my husband while he was sick. But he's just so cuddly and cute! Especially when he's sick and needs me!

So, I've got a sore throat, a scratchy voice, chest congestion, a yucky cough, my head feels like it's full of water sloshing all around in there, and I've got a fever off and on. Great fun. But at least the kids have off from school so I can make them wait on me and just rest on the couch.

One good thing about this illness? I don't have insomnia anymore! I slept most of the day away yesterday, and then did the same thing at bedtime! I actually slept at night! When the rest of the household did! Thank you NyQuil! I wonder if it would be habit-forming if I took it all the time...

Right. I'm off to convalesce on the couch. Redheaded Snippet is waiting with bated breath to get her grubby little hands on the computer and Man-Cub is wanting me to play Lego Star Wars with him. I know the time is coming all too soon when he won't ask me to play with him anymore, so I'm taking advantage of it while I can.

Be back when I've recovered...


2 comments:

Leila said...

First, a big MWAH! for saying "bated" and not "baited". You are virtually the only person on the interweb who can spell this word correctly.
Other than moi.

Second, I'm glad you're back. Don't be bored with my food postings...I'm doing laundry next. Postings, that is. Hopefully you are deficient in that area.

My son says that as long as you don't open attachments or go to sketchy websites you should be okay (me, meaning. He doesn't know about you.).

Feel better!

Pippajo said...

Oh I'm blushing. Complimenting my spelling is the surest way to flatter me. Thank you!

Don't get me wrong, I am not bored in the least by your food postings...I'm loving them! And I'm looking forward to the laundry stuff with equal eagerness! Can't say I'm laundry deficient, but I'm always looking for ways to improve!