Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Ok, The Viking has been bringing his laptop home so I can get my bloggy fix (dear man) but the power cord isn't working which means I get an undetermined but always woefully inadequate amount of time in which to type furiously until it all goes black.

Deep breath aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.............plunge!

So, we took our sorry-looking dried-up, bristly, fire-hazard of a woebegone Christmas tree down. It did not go peacefully, retaliating by flinging its needles all over everything within a 5-foot radius. I'm sure the piano will never fully recover. We inadvertently left the tree skirt out, though, and I'm sure Nutmeg has been sleeping on it, the bitch (see, I mean that literally, cause she's a female dog, get it? I'm not really being vulgar--and don't bother to point out that she's not technically a bitch, Daria, I don't care)! That means Christmas is really over, even though the lights are still up.

Am still waiting for the snow that tease of a weatherman promised us. Don't even get me started. Rain in January is just insulting.

Man-Cub has been like an entirely different boy and all it took was for his parents to stop spoiling him and make him mind. How on earth I didn't see it sooner, I'll never know, but I'm glad we didn't waste any more time than we did! He has turned into such a delight and the whole household has been so much more peaceful! Thanks again, Daria, for having the courage and caring enough to speak the truth in love.

Basketball season is in full swing and taking over our lives. But Redheaded Snippet is playing so well we hardly mind it. It's so much fun to watch her!

I guess that's really all I have to report, if I'm to continue being succinct. Yes, those paragraphs up there are me being succinct. It's the best I can do. Of course, I have loads more I could write about, but it really needs to wait until I have a good, long, luxurious amount of time. But here's a hint: I'm thinking of starting an off-shoot diet and weight-loss blog. Now, don't roll your eyes, I think it sounds dead boring, too. But I have no choice but to embark on the most difficult, treacherous, perilous journey of my life and I suspect keeping a chronicle of the adventures, dangers, triumphs and disasters along the way could prove to be not only an effective means of keeping myself on course, but also a source of information, commiseration, warning or even entertainment for others. So keep your eyes open. After I'm back online in full force, that is.

Well, it's that time. I must go clean the kitchen and finish the day's laundry, maybe even getting a jump start on tomorrow's. Until next time, whenever that shall be (sob)...

1 comment:

Leila said...

Hey!
1. Love the theme -- and it's easy on my eyes :)

2. January rain IS insulting!! You are right!!

3. Discipline brings the peaceable fruits of justice...good for you!


Hope you get your computer back soon! Miss you!