Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Listmania

Now, here it is, the post you've all been waiting for! My Master Thanksgiving List! I really do not know why I feel compelled to share such mundane things, but I do! I can't replicate the fancy font I used for the real list, and did have to do a little judicious editing to protect the innocent, but otherwise, here it is.

THANKSGIVING 2007

MENU
Orange Almond Bites
Rosemary Roasted Turkey
Apple-Pecan-Cornbread Dressing
Cranberry Sauce With Ginger and Pears
Mashed Potatoes
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Skillet-Braised Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Shallots
Crescent Rolls
Wine
Sparkling Citrus Punch
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Chocolate Pudding Pie

TO DO
MONDAY
-Grocery shop
-Pick up wine
-Laundry away
-Tidy pantry
-Clean fridge and freezer
-Clean stove and sink
-Clean bedroom and go through clothes
-Strip and make beds
-Tidy porch(es)
-Make cranberry sauce
TUESDAY
-Clean laundry and powder rooms?
-Clean bathroom
-Clean kitchen
-Dust living and dining rooms
-Wash china and glasses
-Make sure tablecloth and napkins are clean
-Laundry away
WEDNESDAY
-Prepare turkey
-Assemble dressing
-Bake pies
-Peel potatoes and store in water in fridge
-Clean laundry and powder rooms?
THURSDAY
-Put turkey in oven
-Put dressing in oven
-Set table
-Make mashed potatoes
-Make Brussels sprouts
-Assemble Orange Almond Bites
-Bake Rolls

GROCERY LIST
*check supplies
-fresh rosemary
-fresh parsley
-garlic
-2 shallots
-1 large yellow onion
-1 small yellow onion
-celery
-1lb Brussels sprouts
-broccoli
-5lbs russet potatoes
-3 large lemons
-12oz fresh cranberries
-2 pears
-2 Granny Smith apples
-paper towels
-toilet paper
-jet dry
-laundry detergent
-10lb turkey
-1lb ground beef
-oven roasting bag
-box Triscuits
-granola bars
-tea bags
-sliced almonds
-4 1/2 cups pecans
-chocolate pudding mix
-dried rosemary*
-cinnamon*
-cloves*
-vanilla extract
-sugar*
-light brown sugar*
-dark brown sugar*
-light corn syrup
-15oz can pumpkin puree
-16oz apple juice
-club soda
-1 box cornbread mix
-8oz herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
-orange marmalade
-spaghetti*
-tomato puree*
-bread
-oj
-lactose-free milk
-whole milk
-half-n-half
-heavy cream
-2 lbs unsalted butter*
-eggs
-bacon
-2-3 packs Crescent rolls
-3 Pillsbury pie crusts
-frozen limeade
-frozen lemonade
-frozen oj
-garlic bread
-brie
-1-2 bottles Riesling or Gewurztraminer
-1 bottle dry white wine

How does it compare to yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I may hyperventilate.
I *think* we have all the groceries (thanks to husband), but list? Hahaha hahahahahaa...
Ahem. Sorry.
~Angela :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow - I've gotten tired just from reading your list! Altho I am going to print off a copy so I can show my husband all your husband's good deeds (grin!). But sheesh - you are amazing! And cleaning the fridge before everything starts - what a good idea! All I have to do is clean because my husband does all the cooking, but "the feeling" hasn't hit me yet, but I am hoping! Probably will hit Wednesday night about midnight! It is much more fun reading blogs! And my son keeps telling me I need to WRITE on my blog more than once a month too - he says that is the reason he and his sister are the only ones who comment! (grin again!) Anyway - great blog - enjoy yours all the time! And do you have the scone recipe, I might have to pass that one on to my hubby! Happy Thanksgiving - God bless!

Diane
doggone it - Google Account keeps saying my password is incorrect - so will have to sign in as anonymous, but I'm at dianecarlsondotblogspotdotcom