Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Miscellany Edition

round button chicken
Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~ Every Thursday at Like Mother Like Daughter
I don't know how things are at your place, but we're pretty darn busy around here! It's just that time of year, I guess, but with proms (one down, one to go), SATs, AP exams, soccer games, field hockey tournaments and our regular activities with school and church, the fun never ends. And it's only going to get funner as the Summer approaches!

This week's PHFR has no particular theme. That bugs me but I'll survive.

Pretty

More flowers around the house are starting to bloom.  This isn't a great shot, but it's what I could grab on my way in from the pediatrician this morning (more on that later).


I admit, azaleas aren't necessarily what I would choose but they came with the house and who am I to turn my nose up at free flowers?

Happy 

Fortunately for this post, Lobelia and Co. came to visit again this week.  I can't tell you how much time I wasted trying to get a few good shots of her little will o' the wisp, Sweet Pea!  That girl does not sit still long enough for photos so they're almost all blurry!




Little Man was a wee bit more cooperative.  I managed to grab him while his mama was fixing his waistband.  He's telling me about being a bad robot.


A few weekends ago, Calvin and The Viking built a new home for Nutmeg.  Here are the proud craftsmen posing with their masterpiece.




She really seems to like it and Calvin has been gratified to see her using it, especially on rainy days.

Funny

I think he secretly envies her.  We'll see how he feels when it's 98 degrees outside and his room is nicely air-conditioned...


Yes, that's a patch of green in the front of his hair.  The deal was if I let him do it, I get to take photos.  Haha, I win because the color isn't forever but the photos are!

Real
Different day, same favorite shirt...

And here we have the reason for the visit to the pediatrician.  Calvin, though he looks fine and comfortable, has been coughing and spiking a temperature of around 103 degrees for the past day-and-a-half.  So it's the couch with laptop, quilt and muffins for him!  He's fine, really, though he's not at all happy about having to miss his soccer game and our weekly Bible study tonight.  I have a feeling it's going to be a loooooong night tonight, especially if we run out of popsicles...

No comments: