Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Wednesday: Day Three (in which progress of an undetermined value is made)

**This post is quite old, now, as I am rather behind in posting and publishing. But I figured I would post it in its unfinished state anyway before adding anything new**

Written on Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Man-Cub has been the one engaging me in talks regarding the strike most often. He has lots of questions. Mostly about the duration of it. He also made a point to tell me that it doesn't feel that different. I guess he already forgets having to take care of his own dinner and laundry.

He also thanked me very sincerely when he asked if he could have some cheese and crackers and I told him he could. Could it be possible that he's starting to appreciate the things he has? I don't want to get my hopes up.

Things are starting to pile up around here. I haven't looked too closely into the laundry room for fear the sight will smash my resolve completely. I cannot, however, fail to see the rather large mass of dishes that has accumulated on the kitchen counter. And I know, from past experience, that my family can go for shockingly long periods of time before those things start to bother them. I'm getting nervous.

But something has begun to happen that I didn't want to happen. The Viking is picking up my slack. Now, you may be thinking that was what I wanted in the first place, but you'd be wrong. I don't want him to take over and start doing what I was doing. He works full time and works very hard around the house and in church when he's not at his job. He is not and has never been a lazy man. He does not need to add Primary Housekeeper to his list of things to do. I think, perhaps, he needs to go on strike, too, while learning NOT to leave icky dishes in the sink!

Redheaded Snippet still seems determinedly mutinous. She will not admit that anything is any different around here. She keeps shrugging carelessly and insisting that she hasn't noticed things being any worse. The message, of course, is that I don't really do all that much around here anyway and it's always like this. So there!

...


1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't TELL you how many times I have wanted to go on strike. I'm glad to know you were brave enough to do it! Keep us posted on the progress.