Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: A girl and her Gram

round button chicken
Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~ Every Thursday at Like Mother Like Daughter
A few weeks ago, I shared photos of Calvin with his Grampa, my Dad. This week, it's Redheaded Snippet and her Gram, my Mom. The Junior Prom is tomorrow evening. As always, Mom is doing Redheaded Snippet's hair and I will be doing her makeup. And, of course, we had to have a "dress rehearsal" last night. In the interest of time, mental energy and not stifling my readers' creativity and decision-making skills, I will allow YOU to detect the Pretty, Happy, Funny and Real of it all.


We decided on a somewhat '60's updo.  Which, as you may know, involves a certain amount of teasing of the hair.  And because Redheaded Snippet's lovely Titian locks are very fine, an excessive amount of teasing became necessary!  She had never seen anything like it!


I said she looked like Sideshow Bob.  Luckily, she didn't know who that was...


Hahaha!




That's Mom, the master hairdresser!  With four daughters, her skills have served her well.  She did all of our hair for all of our formal occasions!  Except for our weddings when she simply had too much to do and too little time in which to do it.


After a while, I made Redheaded Snippet put down her phone and resume her homework.  She managed to study for her history test with all this nonsense going on!


It may not look like it, but it's actually starting to come together here.


I told her to pose like Ke$ha.  I think she did pretty well except she still looks too lucid to be authentic.  Also, nice open dryer and basket of unfolded laundry in the background, no?




This is all I can show you today: don't want to give too much away!  But the big night is tomorrow and the big reveal will follow soon!


 

No comments: