Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: Denial Edition

round button chicken
~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~ Every Thursday at Like Mother Like Daughter
Shhhhhh!  Don't tell me what is creeping up on us now that Halloween is over and November is here!  I'm in denial and I'm liking it that way!

Let's sit back and let our minds go blank and enjoy a few meaningless photos:

Pretty

This, quite simply, was my breakfast the other day.  Did you ever just hanker for a hunk-a cheese?  Are you old enough/young enough to understand that reference?  Anyway, I've been all about the pears this season.  I've been trying different varieties with different varieties of cheese and enjoying myself immensely.  I sat down to eat my breakfast (at the computer, no point in trying to hide it) and thought this scene was pretty.  So there you are.  And you're welcome.

Happy

There's an awful lot of funny about this picture, too, but the main feeling I get in reference to it is happiness.  Here are the kids in their Halloween costumes: Calvin is Gimli, son of Gloin, and Redheaded Snippet is an injured person.  She was slightly injured and needed to use the wheelchair for trick-or-treating so we decided to work with it and make her look all tore up!  She's fine, don't worry!

Funny
See?  Back on her feet!

Target's seasonal aisle, the day after Halloween.  Or Candy Heaven to the children.  I did NOT allow them to buy all that candy, never fear!  But it did make for an amusing photo op.

Real

Okay, fine.  This is neither in harmony with my theme nor completely real as it's not even my photo.  But I can't hide from it any longer!  Thanksgiving is in THREE WEEKS and while I may not have actually sat down and written a list like this out you can be sure I've been doing it in my head!  This is real, people.  The Holiday Runaway Train has left the station!

Have you captured (or dreamed up) any contentment this week?  Give it a try!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Watch your cholesterol, Pippajo! But you are young yet - at my age, I have to watch it. The "natural" doctor I went to said the first and most obvious thing to do is stop eating cheese if your numbers are high.
But I don't want to be a spoilsport - enjoy! It certainly looks delicious.
Was Gimli amenable to pushing that poor injured person around all evening?

Bethanne said...

I feel so great to be the first comment! I think your breakfast is beautiful and exotic. Pears are fantastic. My husband keeps buying me November issues of magazines--Good Housekeeping, Rachael Ray, do you think he's trying to tell me something? I have no list and haven't really gotten into the Thanksgiving spirit of things yet. I agree with your label: holidaze!