Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Housekeeping and Housekeeping


We interrupt this week's pre-Thanksgiving labours to take care of some bloggy housekeeping.  I am having some issues with comments and things.  It seems that people are suddenly having to register as "Anonymous" in order to comment.  WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?  It's annoying and must stop.

Trouble is, I don't know how to stop it.  So I fear it will take several hours, nay, DAYS, for me to figure it out.  I would also like to be able to change the commenting format a bit so that I can comment in direct reply to other comments without having to leave an entirely new one, does that make sense?

So, if anyone can clue me in to how these things are best facilitated, I would very grateful.  And for the rest of you, I ask for your patience as I sort these things out.  You know, with all of the real-life housekeeping that I am forcing the kids have to do, I won't have as much time to waste on devote to the blog.


Stay tuned!  And in the meantime, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Bethanne said...

So I know it looks like I'm just hanging out commenting on your blog, but I happened to see this comment thing and had the same trouble. (But perhaps it was just a glitch because I'm not anonymous now.) I changed to Intense Debate which was great because I could comment directly from email, however, then Intense Debate lost all my comments and I was sick for days about it. I finally decided to go to Disqus and was able to transfer all my blogger comments and even the lost Intense Debate comments without too much trouble and the Disqus people were totally helpful when I had questions and quick to answer. Disqus also has the advantage of commenting directly from your email when you get it to moderate the comment. Perhaps you could change to a new comment forum OR perhaps this is a glitch that has worked itself out. I know Mrs. Lawler uses Intense Debate and doesn't seem to have any trouble.