Pages

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Whimper

I just thought I'd pop in for a moment to have a bit of a whimpering pity-party for myself. School at Wits' End Academy begins in 6 days and I am beginning to have the slightest bit of trouble breathing correctly.

Are you wondering what the trouble is?

I'm not worried. And that worries me.

This is how deranged and certifiable I am. I am not running around like a crazy person, unable to sleep at night, snapping at husband and children. I am not feeling overwhelmed or about to die. I am not dreading Tuesday at all.

I know there are things I don't have figured out yet, but I'm cool with it. I know we'll work out the kinks as we go along. I've even put off buying all of my supplies because I know I'll need to do it a few times to really know what I'll need.

I'm being all serene and calm and collected and it's starting to worry me.

THIS IS TOTALLY NOT LIKE ME! I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE!

Me? Homeschooling?
Me? Excited about it?
Me? Not freaking out or regretting the decision already?
Me? Not having the entire thing doomed to fail before it even gets off the ground?

What is going on here?

I think maybe I'm a little delusional and maybe not a little power-mad. And maybe I'm just horribly naive.

Or maybe it's totally a God thing and I am a living example of what happens when we step aside and let Him move through us and doesn't that sound self-righteous and irritating!

Ok...ask me in about two weeks...

No comments: