Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Well, I'm bushed!

What a whirlwind of a day! Redheaded Snippet went to practice, I talked to Lobelia on the phone, I picked Snippet up, dropped Man-Cub off at a friend's pool party, chatted with the other moms for a bit, dropped Snippet off at Mom's, ran out with Dad to find a restaurant for EGOD's birthday in two weeks, took Mom to get her car, took Snippet to get a new field hockey stick, stopped in at my favorite British import shop for a few lovelies, and took Snippet to Plato's Closet and made it back home in time for dinner at 6:30! We got a lot done!


The Viking (bless him) had dinner waiting for us when we got home. Doesn't it look yummy? It's pho, a Vietnamese beef noodle soup. It's got paper-thin slices of beef (but I had eaten all of mine already before I'd taken this photo) and rice noodles and then oodles of other things which you have the option to add. I only like lime, Thai basil and cilantro in mine with a wee dab of Hoisin sauce. The Viking likes onions, scallions, bean sprouts, peppers, lime, Thai basil, cilantro and sriracha sauce in his. He's crazy! But he's wonderful for picking up pho and bringing home for us!

After dinner, Redheaded Snippet and I showed off our purchases which included the sharpest brown wool trench coat, an olive drab jacket, a green American Eagle sweatshirt, and an oatmeal, sleeveless hoodie lined with faux fur (all for only $65), the new hockey stick, a packet of decaf Typhoo, a packet of McVities Digestives and a belated birthday present from Redheaded Snippet and Daria, this:


It's a Brown Betty teapot though it isn't at all brown. I wonder if that makes it, technically, a Red Betty though that does not have the same ring to it? I have been admiring this teapot for over a year! Every time I go into the British import shop I pick it up, turn it around, sigh and put it back down again. Once I mentioned to Redheaded Snippet, "Someday, I'm going to get this teapot." Well, my sweet girl remembered those words and prompted Daria to order it for me. It came in yesterday and, since we had to stop by for tea anyway, Snippet decided to just tell me so we could pick it up today. I love it! It holds 6 cups, has an infuser and it's red! It's perfect.

Later, Mom and Daria stopped by with a visitor. Daria's sweet, faithful Westie, MacKenzie, sadly died at the ripe old age of 13 earlier this week. She and Mom have taken it very hard and decided a new puppy would help to fill the void and hasten the healing process a little. Mom walked in with this little bundle of fluff sitting placidly in her purse:


She's 9 weeks old and is a Yorkie-Poo, half Yorkshire Terrier, half Teacup Poodle. Here she is with Man-Cub, getting acquainted:


And here she is nested in Man-Cub's slipper.


Man-Cub is absolutely over the moon about her and I don't know if he'll recover from the shock of reaching into Mom's purse thinking he was going to find her ringing cell phone only to find the cutest little puppy he's ever seen!

After a family council meeting to discuss a new and improved housekeeping plan, we managed to get the downstairs tidied so I am blogging guilt free! It's so nice when that happens! But we do have an early morning tomorrow so I'd better get myself to bed. After a bedtime snack of tea and biscuits, of course!


No comments: