Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

Big Sigh of Relief

Whew! Okay, the play is over and now our schedules begin to wind down a bit. There are still plenty of end-of-year events coming in the next two weeks, but things will be better than they have been.

The school's production of Aladdin went off without a hitch last night. There's Redheaded Snippet during curtain calls between Aladdin and Princess Jasmine (with their true identities concealed as I don't have permission from their parents to display them all over the Internet).

These are kind of blurry, but they're the only performance shots that made it.

The Viking got video of all of Redheaded Snippet's scenes, but it's still in the camera and I don't know how to get it out (maybe I should try rubbing the camera?) so that will have to wait.

The cast did a great job and, more importantly, had great fun doing it.

Despite my initial misgivings, I was so happy with the way the costume and makeup turned out.

I managed to do some research online and I think this is the best makeup job I've ever done, if I say so myself.

Here, Redheaded Snippet and the girl who played Aladdin are signing autographs. A swarm of little girls were pressed up against the stage with pen and program in hand--they were so cute!

She says she might want to be an actress someday. I think she's got the talent for it and I know she's got the ambition for it. But I also think she's got the wrong set of morals for it. In that she has them. High ones. As her mother, I don't want to think about her going off to New York or Hollywood. But, I recognized the performer in her at a very young age and that's why I've worked hard to make sure she's got a good head on her shoulders and a firm footing on solid ground to prepare her for whatever lies ahead.

Boy, where did that profound moment come from? None of that now!

Before I run off, I feel the urge to share a few more things:
1. Today is my birthday. I'm 37.
2. Daria is coming home from Chicago today. Perfect birthday present.
3. The Viking arranged for several of my dearest friends to come over tonight to play with me! Lobelia, Mrs. Nugent, Mrs. Brown, hopefully Susie Q, my Mom and a new friend I haven't mentioned before are all coming over and we're going to play games while The Viking plays bartender and waiter for us! Even more perfect birthday present!
4. One blot on this day: Dharma and Co. can't be here. But they will be here in about a month so I will do my best to wait patiently and enjoy myself tonight!

That is all. I must go make some preliminary preparations for my party!

No comments: