Pages

Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Hard Day's Work

So, as soon as I finished my last post, I found some dance music online, cranked the volume up and got right down to business. I decided to use a method I had learned years ago and start right at the front door (or, in our house, the main entrance which is the kitchen door and not the main door, but let's not quibble over details).

First things first, the coat cupboard needed to be cleaned out.  I pulled all sorts of inappropriate things out of there: socks, flannel shirts, several handbags and a few stray shoes, to name a few.  They all went into piles according to their owner on the dining room table for the owners to put away upon their arrival this afternoon/evening.

A side note, it was interesting to see the things that comprised each pile.  Let's see if you can guess which pile is whose?

 

Pretty easy, right?
Hmmm...a little trickier, but still pretty obvious.

 

I suppose you might have to know this person to know whose stuff it is...

But process of elimination really makes it all clear, doesn't it?  The first was Man-Cub's, then Redheaded Snippet, then The Viking's, then mine.  What a boring, little pile I had, huh?


Anyway, once I got the cupboard cleaned out, I just kept going and cleaned the outside of it.  Then the outside door, then the bead board, switch plates, baseboards, dishwasher front and island, including the back and sides.


I finished the dishes, cleaned out the sink, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, wiped down the windowsills and swept the floor.

 

Poor Mrs. C was all kinds of dirty.  It wasn't her fault she was so hard to clean today!  It took lots of elbow grease, but I got her in tip top shape and even gave the kettle and popcorn popper (a permanent fixture on the stove top) a thorough going over.

That's all I'm going to accomplish today, as now it's time for dinner and I have other things (like laundry and regular daily tidying) to do.  And that's only about half the kitchen!  I'd like to continue tomorrow and tackle the fridge, desk and pantry, but we've got a major snow storm coming and I'm going to have to make it to the store for my regular grocery run before everyone goes crazy and buys all the toilet paper, milk, bread and eggs.  So the rest of the kitchen will have to wait until Saturday.  Not necessarily a bad thing to do during a snow storm, eh?

Now, I get to go make a mess in my newly cleaned kitchen!  Dinner time!

No comments: