Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

I guess I still love fairy tales

So, did you watch it?



I got up at 5:30 this morning, whipped up a batch of scones, boiled the kettle and woke up Redheaded Snippet in time to see Kate Middleton as was alight like a fairy tale princess from the Rolls Royce in front of Westminster Abbey.

We sipped and munched and wiggled with delight throughout the ceremony. I thought Princess Kate looked every bit the princess she now is and Prince William looked dashing and handsome. Maybe I just want to see what I want, but it they seem to have a genuine regard and affection for each other. But you never can tell, really.

Anyway, I felt like a 5-year-old girl again, drinking in the splendor and pageantry, never wishing more that I was back in England. If I'd had a fancy hat, I'd be wearing it. If I had a British flag, I'd be waving it.

God save the Queen!

No comments: